Are you looking for a solution to dress up your home floors? Would you like to choose a material that is practical and functional yet aesthetically impactful? If you want to combine several advantages in one solution, then porcelain tile is definitely for you. Today, in this in-depth discussion, we will look specifically at the characteristics of stoneware flooring, certainly one of the most beloved after wood-effect stoneware and marble-effect stoneware.
Stone effect porcelain stoneware: the characteristics
Stone-effect flooring in recent years has ranked among the most popular solutions ever, thanks to the latest design trends that favor modern and essential style. But what, then, are the main features of stone effect tiles that have made them so popular with those who are building or renovating their homes?
- Natural appearance: stone effect stoneware tiles are specially designed to perfectly emulate natural stones such as granite, slate or travertine, offering an elegant and refined aesthetic appearance that can perfectly match the style of your home.
- Wide range of colors and textures: stone-effect porcelain tile flooring can have variations in color and texture, which helps create a realistic look, although it is faux stone. Certainly, the possibility of being able to choose from different proposals makes this type of floor one of the absolute favorites.
- Excellent wear resistance: porcelain tiles are especially valued for their strength and durability. A stoneware floor tile effectively resists scratches, wear and tear, making it suitable for areas subject to continuous footfall and high traffic.
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance: stoneware floors are very easy to clean and require little maintenance. They are stain-resistant floors that can be washed and cleaned with neutral detergents with ease.
- Water resistance: stone-effect porcelain tiles are waterproof, making them suitable for use in high moisture environments, such as the kitchen or bathroom. They can also be laid outdoors, as they resist weathering and wear and tear over the years. They are also the perfect solution for those looking for a material that can withstand quite cold temperatures.
- Hypoallergenic: stone-effect tiles for interiors not only used to release particles into the air, and for this very reason they are also an ideal choice for allergy sufferers, who, for example, might experience discomfort with carpet or wood floors.
- Excellent value for money: although it may be more expensive than some other types of flooring, stoneware floor tiles offer excellent value for money in the long run due to their durability and aesthetic features.
How to clean stone effect porcelain tile?
As we have seen, cleaning a stone effect stoneware floor is very quick and easy, and that is one aspect that makes it a successful choice for home floors. But what are the steps to follow?
- Remove surface dirt and dust: with a vacuum cleaner or soft-bristled broom, remove dust, crumbs, and light dirt to prevent various small debris from scratching or marking the surface when mopping or moping.
- Wash with warm water and mild detergent: make sure you have chosen a detergent suitable for stoneware floors and mix it with warm water. Then proceed by soaking a soft cloth or mop and wipe over the entire surface. It is essential to use specific products at this stage, as overly aggressive cleaners can in the long run damage the stone-effect stoneware floor you have chosen.
- Rinse the surface: the floor will then need to be thoroughly rinsed with clean water to remove all detergent residue to prevent sticky residue from forming and achieve an optimal result.
- Wipe with a soft cloth: it is good to make sure the floor is completely dry before walking on it or repositioning objects and furniture.
- Perform regular maintenance and cleaning: this is essential to preserve all the features, as well as the beauty, of your faux stoneware.
If you have any doubts or questions about cleaning your stone effect porcelain tile floor, you can always contact us, we are at your complete disposal!
How to match stone effect stoneware floor?
Stone-effect porcelain tiles are extremely easy to adapt to your home, as they go perfectly with both modern, minimalist style rooms and rustic or more classic style homes.
The main question is very simple: what is the style you want to achieve? And the solution is equally simple: consistency must always come first. Here are some suggestions to help you choose the perfect stone effect floor for your home:
Stone effect stoneware for rustic style home
A stone-effect stoneware floor with natural colors or in shades of gray will be perfect if it is then combined with wooden furniture with an aged effect and natural fabrics such as linen or cotton. Details that therefore evoke a warm atmosphere, despite the choice of stone effect, which, by its nature, has a tendency to be perceived as cold.
Porcelain stoneware faux stoneware for home modern and essential style
For a home with a modern style, stoneware in neutral colors, such as white and gray, or why not black, always turns out to be the best choice. Very nice to match with clean and simple furniture lines, which can be enlivened by more vibrant design objects, which give an extra touch to the atmosphere.
Stone-like tiles for industrial style home
For an industrial style home we would certainly see well a stoneware floor with a grunge or cement finish, to recall classic industrial environments. To add further value to this type of texture, you can choose furnishings composed of raw wood and metal, which would find the right place in a room featuring exposed beams and pillars.
Stone-like tiles for classic style home
Stoneware with details such as veining or delicate geometric patterns can be ideal for a classically styled home decorated with elegant fabrics such as velvet or silk, furniture with classic lines, and high-quality accessories.
How much do porcelain stoneware stone effect floors cost?
The prices of a stone-effect porcelain tile floor are extremely variable, as they affect several aspects that should always be taken into account, such as:
- Quality of Porcelain Stoneware: the quality of the material plays a significant, if not the main, role in determining its price: the more durable the tiles, the higher the final price.
- Finish and Design: finishes defined as special, such as polished surfaces or more realistic stone effect, can influence the cost.
- Size of Tiles: the size of stoneware tiles is another factor that increases the price: the larger they are, the more the price will increase, taking into account the installation, which will undoubtedly be faster than installing small stoneware tiles.
- Brand and Supplier: the cost also varies depending on the brand of porcelain tile you choose. At Oliviero, we make sure to always choose trusted partners with an excellent reputation, precisely because providing our customers with quality solutions is part of our corporate philosophy.
- Installation Costs: based on the geographical location and the type of stoneware tiles chosen, the price of laying the material is then calculated.
As you may have guessed, there is no fixed price. This has to be defined during the consultation phase, which you can schedule with one of our experts by visiting us at the showroom in Vicenza or by contacting us.