Why give up having a wood effect floor? Wood-effect porcelain tile is the perfect solution for you!
Wood-effect porcelain tile is now an increasingly popular option when it comes to choosing the material for one's faux wood floors. But why has it become so common to come across wood-effect tiles? Is it because of their undeniable aesthetic beauty or perhaps because of their durability?
In this article, we will try to answer these and other questions about wood-effect porcelain tile floors. Are you ready to become a real expert on wood-effect floors? Let's get started!
1) What is wood-effect porcelain tile?
Wood-effect stoneware is a type of ceramic tile designed to faithfully reproduce the appearance of natural wood. It is made by mixing various materials including fine clays, sand and other natural substances, which are pressed and fired at high temperatures. Thanks to this process, wood-like porcelain stoneware flooring achieves its enviable strength and remarkable durability. But the feature that makes faux wood stoneware truly unique is its ability to excellently imitate the grain and details of natural wood, which is why it is also many times referred to as faux parquet.
2) What is rectified wood effect porcelain stoneware?
In the term "rectified wood-effect porcelain tile" two characteristics specific to this type of flooring are combined: wood effect and rectification.
As previously mentioned, wood-effect porcelain refers to the tile's ability to reproduce the appearance of natural wood, both in color and texture. Rectification, on the other hand, refers to the process of cutting or finishing the edges of the planks so that they are straight and uniform.
Rectified wood-effect stoneware tiles thus have both the appearance of wood and rectified edges.
The combination of these features offers quite a few advantages. First, natural wood-effect stoneware gives the classic warm and natural look to the room, creating a comfortable and cozy atmosphere. Edge grinding, on the other hand, allows for easy installation with minimal joints, which gives the faux wood floor a more designer, uniform and modern look. Another advantage of rectified wood-effect porcelain tile flooring is the ease of cleaning: the absence of joints means that dirt and dust cannot be retained.
3) How to match wood effect stoneware floor?
Matching wood-effect tiles may seem difficult, but in truth it offers several possibilities that guarantee elegant and designer interior environments. We want to recommend some useful tips for how to best match wood-effect stoneware with the other elements of the furniture that characterize your rooms:
- The color palette plays a key role: wood-effect stoneware floors are particularly compatible with neutral tones such as gray, white, and beige; in general, colors that complement those of the chosen wood-effect ceramics should be preferred.
- Using contrasts is not a bad choice at all: to create an interesting combination, you can opt to place wood-like tiles alongside different materials such as metal or natural stone.
- A consistent design can create the perfect ambiance: if you prefer a rustic style, you can pair porcelain flooring with solid wood furniture and natural fabrics. On the other hand, if you are more inclined to a modern style, you can combine natural wood-effect porcelain stoneware with minimalist furniture and brightly hued colors.
- For those who want to create a warm and traditional atmosphere, dark wood-effect porcelain stoneware is perfect. The only peculiarity in choosing a dark wood effect floor is to predispose a bright and airy environment.
- Light wood-effect stoneware, on the other hand, is more versatile and suits any style and environment. It gives light and expands the spaces in the house, and if it is combined with brightly colored furniture solutions, the effect is assured.
4) How to wash the wood effect porcelain tile floor?
Cleaning wood-type stoneware flooring is actually not that complicated, quite the contrary. This type of tile is very practical to wash and does not require the use of special cleaning products. Try following these tips of ours to keep your wood-effect stoneware tiles in great condition:
- Remove dust and dirt with a soft-bristled broom or vacuum cleaner without a rotary brush.
- Use a tile-specific cleaner or a mild detergent diluted in warm water to clean the floor. Avoid abrasive chemicals or ammonia-based cleaners.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to clean surfaces, making sure not to leave detergent residue on the faux wood porcelain tile floor.
- Avoid using abrasive brushes or sponges that could scratch the porcelain tile surface.
- Dry the floor with a clean cloth or let the wood-look porcelain tiles dry naturally.
5) What are the differences between wood-effect porcelain tile flooring and natural wood flooring?
It is just a matter of feeling as visually, the result looks quite similar. There are those who like to walk barefoot and feel underfoot the warmth and pleasant unevenness that only a natural wood floor can give. On the other hand, there are those who prefer to combine the visual pleasantness of the grains, nuances and details typical of wood with the practicality of cleaning and the sturdiness of porcelain tile floors.
Depending on the color, tile size, and finish (more or less knurled, vertically streaked, etc.) wood-effect stoneware flooring requires less attention than wood and provides greater durability, waterproofing, and hygiene.
In short, whatever the personal style or trend of the moment, wood-effect stoneware floors are no match for their "different twin": the traditional parquet floor.
In conclusion, wood-effect porcelain stoneware flooring is an excellent alternative to natural wood coverings because of its durability, ease of washing, and cheaper cost. By performing careful maintenance and always maintaining a good level of cleanliness, wood-effect tile can retain its beauty and durability. Before making a decision, assess your personal needs and compare the advantages and disadvantages of both options.
6) How much does wood-effect porcelain cost?
The costs of wood-effect porcelain tile flooring tend to be cheaper than natural wood, both in terms of purchasing faux wood tiles and installing them.
The cost of wood-like porcelain tile can vary depending on several factors: material quality, tile size, and choice of supplier. Generally, the price is in the middle range of flooring, offering a cheaper alternative to natural wood but without having to sacrifice aesthetics.
But what is the price of wood-effect porcelain tile flooring? You can find wood-effect porcelain tiles with really variable price ranges, starting as low as 13 € per square meter. For this reason, it is always advisable to request a specific quote from retailers explaining your needs and requirements.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT WOOD EFFECT PORCELAIN STONEWARE?
If we have convinced you to give this incredible material a chance, make an appointment at our showroom in Vicenza. Our experts will help you find the best solution for your needs at a truly competitive price!
Otherwise, discover the other effects of stoneware: for example, porcelain stoneware with marble effect!